The Power of Coffee!

Upcoming Meeting Dates

Part instruction, brainstorming, motivation, & critique, our supportive group meets the second and fourth Saturday of the month and is user-friendly, inspirational, and empowering. Every woman deserves a room of her own.

"As soon as coffee is in your stomach, there is a general commotion. Ideas begin to move...similes arise, the paper is covered. Coffee is your ally and writing ceases to be a struggle."~Honore de Balzac

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Affirmations


Whether you put them on sticky notes or in a journal, affirmations help. When the going gets tough, life gets hard, or when you get downright discouraged about yourself and negative about your writing, you can refer back to these entries and realize you're bigger and better than all that. If it's written down, you are more apt to pay attention.

Write 100 positive things about yourself, the obvious and the not so obvious, the major apparent aspects and seemingly inconsequential things. Start the list and continue to add until you get to 100.

Here are some affirmations for writers:

The time I spend creating is valuable and precious.

I am an artist and making art is an act of faith.

By writing, I am following my bliss.

Writing is a joyful, useful and constantly changing experience that enriches my life.

My work is worthy of whatever time it takes.

I have the right to have time and space to write.

Writing helps me become one with life.

I’m determined to give the artist within a chance.

I was born to create.

I am quiet, open, listening so I can hear my muse.

Writing allows me a deeper kind of seeing.

I trust my creative endeavors.

I believe in my dream.

I am creative in many areas of life.

I learn from my mistakes.

I surround myself with supportive people and blossom within that nurturing circle.

I am creating my life one day at a time.

I listen to others and learn by responding in a positive, constructive way.

I am committed to becoming the best writer I can be.

I share my work in progress with others.

I am perfect just as I am.

No comments: